Briarwood Barracudas Swim Team
Adventures in Swim Practice
Terrell enjoys Coach Averya’s motivational practice.
The girls check in on their times!
Coach Averya lining up our divers.
It is beginning to look official around here!
Kara reaching for the stars!
Nicholas knows it is all about excessive celebration in this program.
Kaylee models the matching team goggles.
Logan refines his kicking.
First Meet! Barracudas @ Marlins – June 28, 2014 (we won first event, and other stuff )
6 & under
Jocelyn Axelrod 6
Kathleen Mattison 6
Patrick Oliver 6
Ben Broniec 6
Logan Coppler 5
Peighton Williams 5
7 – 9
Samantha Weiner 7
Mid McDonald 7
Nicholas Adams 7
Kaylee Underwood 7
Vanessa Oliver 7
Hanley Levine 7
Olivia Broniec 8
Cole Dyess 8
Ethan Mitchell 8
Kara Croone 8
Miles Mattison 9
10 & Older
Lane Dyess 11
Olivia Mitchell 10
Jasmine George 11
The Briarwood Park Conservancy is graciously supporting a roll-out of the Briarwood Swim Team this summer. It will comprise a young and vibrant group of swimmers to participate in the Brookhaven Recreational Swim League (along with Murphey-Candler and Lynwood). The goal is to provide a low-cost opportunity for children in our community to be exposed to the fun and fitness of participating on a swim team.
- We are a 100% volunteer organization that is family focused, relaxed and friendly.
- The Briarwood Swim Team is open to any swimmer through the age of 18 who can swim one length of the pool unassisted, in any stroke.
Joining the Briarwood Swim Team is a great way to:
- Build self-confidence and self-discipline.
- Work on stroke techniques and racing skills.
- Have fun with old friends and make new friends.
- Get to write on yourself with a sharpie and not get in trouble.
Joining the Briarwood Swim Team is not:
- A beginner’s swim class. If unsure about your child’s ability, please let the coach evaluate your child.
- An aqua-Zumba class.
Mark Your Calendar and Get Your Swim On!
- Practices begin June 20, 6:30 – 7:30pm Tuesdays and Fridays.
- A parent meeting will be held June 20th at Lynwood, due to pool repair
- Registration forms and payments collected at that time. Meet Coach Averya!
- Swim meets: June 28, July 12, 19 and 26. All Saturday meets begin promptly at 8:00 am.
- $52 paid to Briarwood Park Conservancy to cover the use of the pool, lifeguards, and insurance as well as ribbons, an end of season medal and end of season party.
- $19 for a suit
- $10 for a 2014 team t-shirt
Contact Gina at firstname.lastname@example.org or 678-468-0119 for more information.